My ride with Michael Schumacher – onboard video

As you may already know I got lucky in the Bacardi competition and won myself a ride with Michael Schumacher. The whole thing happened earlier this week in Spain at the Ascari Race Resort. Here is the onbard video of me in the car with Michael Schumacher.

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

I will post photos and write up some more about those great days in Spain in a day or two (see here).

OK, as some people are wondering what car is this, here are the pictures of the Maserati beast (click on the thumbnails to enlarge):

1. Dude, that was amazing! He’s still got fantastic car control and he gave you a really cool ride round an evil looking circuit!

2. KayleighNo Gravatar says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

And which music likes to hear Mr. Schumacher while he’s driving??? :P

Kotenoks last blog post..Arun is now a member of F1Wolf Club

4. meNo Gravatar says:

fan-blooming-tastic mr. wolf. love it, can’t wait for the pics too.

5. Pat WNo Gravatar says:

Great stuff Wolf! I had no idea the track was so twisty yet fast, of course it helps when you have a driver such as him.. :-)

Pat Ws last blog post..Weekend Preview: 16-17 May 2009

6. LukehNo Gravatar says:

Woah, how cool was that!

7. nieuweNo Gravatar says:

How did you manage to win that? Was it luck of the draw, name out of a hat. Thousand dollars in the back pocket lol

8. WesleyNo Gravatar says:

WOW!….Michael really straightens out those “esses” on the track doesn’t he.The way he entered that first one shocked me.That is one twisty track.

9. OsamaNo Gravatar says:

amazing, totally amazing!

10. RichNo Gravatar says:

I never liked shumi as a =n f1 driver but i must say you are probably the luckiest man alive this week!

What competition did you win to get such an exclusive pass?

I saw this track on Top Gear. It looks quite fun

11. Cruz GonzalezNo Gravatar says:

Mr. Wolf rider congratulations, now you are part of a leyend!!!
    You may realized the big responsability (with all the respect) as autoracing opinion leader :D please share all the expericence with us!!!! not to say unlucky because I didn´t participate in the challenge but for us who are a very entusiastic racing followers :D haaa I can´t write, I´m just asking myself how could it be to meet Shumi, like a dream!

Very cool!

What I found most interesting is just how lightly he held the wheel. His fingers barely seemed to even touch it. He also did quite a bit of sliding through turns. What were you driving?

He worked the car quite hard. It looked like you got 100% effort on that one. Congrats Wolf!

13. HenryNo Gravatar says:

WOW!
    One of the best Onboard videos that I’ve seen…

Great Mr.Wolf!

14. [...] Yesterday I posted the onboard video from my ride with Michael Schumacher and here are some photos and comments. [...]

15. Wow. An experience of a lifetime? The video was fantastic, thanks for posting it.

Steve Robertsons last blog post..New Mobile Phone

16. Wow! You were are one lucky man :)

How did the G loads feel?

17. JourneyerNo Gravatar says:

Wolf, fantastic video! Very nice of Bacardi to have that all set up and given to you. :)

That said, you were awfully quiet during the onboard. I know you were trying to really get into the experience and everything, but dang, it seemed awful quiet in there. I noticed Michael was even trying to start a conversation a couple of times. Heehee. :D

Still, would’ve LOVED to be in your place. Just un-be-lie-va-ble. :)

18. TimmieNo Gravatar says:

Looked like fun! Been on track days and thrown around in some nice cars myself but nothing would compare to having an F1 driver take you out and be your driver!

Congrats again and loved the on-board video, really showed the tight twisty track and an insight into how well controlled they can be when driving these cars. So light on the steering wheel and very quick to control the slide without making it look harsh or messy.

Will say awesome again and will definitely watch the video a few times to enjoy the way Schumi drives that car.

I was surprised at how much he let the car slide. I wonder if that was for show, or if it was really the fastest way around the track.

I have watched the video several times, and it amazes me each time. That must have been fantastic to be there.

20. JourneyerNo Gravatar says:

Michael is really hustling that car, isn’t he? Haha! :D

21. LoretaNo Gravatar says:

comme on, you had an amaizing opportunity to speak with Michael, and you said just a few words. Why didn’t you say that he is the best driver ever? :) He already knows that. but anyway, there was a ride with 7 times worl champion!! Could you ever imagine about it?

22. JuliaNo Gravatar says: