Round 5 results are in. Some people expected major shake up in the order with the beginning of the European season, well that gamble did not pay off . We however have the highest scores of this season – 21 points by Jose Arellano and bmwf1guy ! In the meantime I somehow managed to take the provisional lead. Don’t worry, as I know myself that will not last for too long.
If you can’t find yourself in the results and you know you placed the prediction, let me know.
Round 5 results:
The podium, some are happy, some not that much ...
The swicth to 2 stop strategy helped Jenson Button to reclaim the lead he lost to Barrichello at the start. Button went on to win the race, Barrichello could only wonder how on Earth he lost it. The final podium place belongs to Mark Webber who leapfrogged the Massa/Vettel duo thanks to his longer second stint.
Felipe Massa scored his first points of the season although he had to sacrifice his 4th place in order to preserve fuel and finish the race (at 6th).
2009 Spanish GP Race Result
1. J. Button – Brawn GP – 1:37:19.202
2. R. Barrichello – Brawn GP + 13.056
3. M. Webber – Red Bull + 13.924
4. S. Vettel – Red Bull + 18.941
5. F. Alonso – Renault + 43.166
6. F. Massa – Ferrari + 50.827
7. N. Heidfeld – BMW Sauber + 52.312
8. N. Rosberg – Williams + 1:05.211
Felipe Massa - P4, improved car, decent fuel load and KERS
A short while ago FIA published the 2009 Spanish GP post qualifying weights. It looks like Jenson Button will be stopping on/about lap 13, a lap or 2 earlier than Sebastian Vettel. Felipe Massa has another lap or two worth fuel on board. Nico Rosberg and Robert Kubica have the heaviest cars among the top ten. The most heavily fueled car on the grid is the McLaren of Lewis Hamilton with about 10 laps more fuel on board than Jenson Button.
2009 Spanish GP – Post qualifying weights:
1. Jenson Button 646.0
2. Sebastian Vettel 651.5
3. Rubens Barrichello 649.5
4. Felipe Massa 655.0
5. Mark Webber 651.5
6. Timo Glock 646.5
7. Jarno Trulli 655.5
8. Fernando Alonso 645.0
9. Nico Rosberg 668.0
10. Robert Kubica 660.0
2009 Spanish GP top three qualifiers
Jenson Button will start the 2009 Spanish GP from pole position, Sebastian Vettel will line up next to him on front row. There will be all Brazilian second row – P3 for Barrichello and P4 for Massa in improved Ferrari (and with KERS, the only one in top 10).
2009 Spanish GP Qualifying results – Top 10:
1. Jenson Button – Brawn GP – 1:20.527
2. Sebastian Vettel – Red Bull – 1:20.660
3. Rubens Barrichello – Brawn GP – 1:20.762
4. Felipe Massa – Ferrari – 1:20.934
5. Mark Webber – Red Bull – 1:21.049
6. Timo Glock – Toyota – 1:21.247
7. Jarno Trulli – Toyota – 1:21.254
8. Fernando Alonso – Renault – 1:21.392
9. Nico Rosberg – Williams – 1:22.558
10. Robert Kubica – BMW Sauber – 1:22.685
Ferrari drivers Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen were the fastest drivers in the final practice this weekend ahead of Brawn GP cars of Barrichello and Button.
2009 Spanish GP Saturday practice times: