The Prediction Game is back with season 4. As in past two years the game begins few weeks before the first race with the drivers champion predictions (more on that later in this post). But first let’s summarize the rules and minor rule tweaks.
The rules remain more less the same as in 2009. The basic rule:
Before each race send in your prediction of top 10 in the order from 1st to 10th place + the fastest lap driver + the pole position driver. You have to make your predictions before the start of the Qualifying on Saturday. There will be special Prediction Game post for each round, published on Thursday before each race weekend. You will need to place your prediction in comments under that post.
Here is overview of the rule changes for this year:
1) To reflect the changes in Formula One points system this year we will predict top 10 instead of top 8. So, the points will be awarded as follows:
- 1 point for each correct name among top 10
- 1 point for each correct name among top 3
- extra point for each correct finishing position
- extra point for correct winner
- 2 points for correct driver with fastest lap
- 2 points for correct pole position prediction (the actual driver on pole at the start of the race)
- 1 point for each correct team among point finishers.
2) Instead of 2 points bonus for placing the prediction in the comments rather than sending it by email there will be 2 points deduction for sending the prediction by email rather than placing it in the comments. This is simply matter of convenience for me .
3) At the the end of the season two worst scores rather than one will be erased. This is to reflect longer season – 19 races instead of 17 – and to keep players in the game even if circumstances make them miss one or two rounds.
4) New – there will be prize for the highest score achieved in a single round. Last year the highest single round score was 27 points by psychy. In theory higher scores should be possible this year with top 10 instead of 8 drivers predicted.
The end season bonus for guessing the champion correctly remains 15 points.
To see the recap of the rules check out the 2010 Prediction Game page.
Now prizes. There will be two. The Grand Prize for the overall winner remains same as in past two years – 3 bottles of MUMM champagne. Only those older than the legal limit in their country will get the champagne. If you happen to win but you are too young there will be some alternative prize. The prize delivery options will be discussed with the winner in advance (to avoid the troubles similar to those experienced with the merchant selected to deliver the champagne last year).
b) Prize for for the highest score achieved in a single round will be 2010 F1 Season Review DVD.
The Game Begins Now – Predict the 2010 F1 Drivers Champion
Now is time to start with the 2010 Prediction Game. As in the past the first step is to predict the F1 drivers champion. This prediction has to be made before the season starts. So from now till March 11, 2010 you can predict the 2010 Formula 1 World Champion. Do not worry, even if you make your prediction and later want to change your mind you can change it as many times as you wish. Your last entry before the deadline March 11, 23:59 GMT will be the one that counts. The correct guess will be worth extra 15 points at the end of the season. Leave your prediction for 2010 F1 Drivers Champion in comments below this post. The correct champion prediction decided the winners of the prediction game in 2008 and 2009. Fifteen points can make a difference !
There is no registration required. You simply place your predictions in the comments below the dedicated Prediction Game post before each round and you are in. But to make sure you do not miss any round of the game I recommend that those who haven’t done so yet to subscribe to Prediction Game updates by email. You can do it here:
Everybody who previously participated in the prediction game here at F1Wolf is on the prediction game mailing list. There is unsubscribe option at the footer of the email for those who prefer not to receive the special prediction game updates any more.