2009 British GP – My Saturday at Silverstone

Force India garage

Force India garage

My day started with the early morning pitlane walk. If anybody gets the chance to do the pitlane walkabout, make sure you don’t miss the one on Saturday morning. It requires rather early wake up but it is well worth it. Not too many people and lots of time to wander around the pitlane.

Although I also had the Paddock Club pass for today I planned to watch the practice and qualifying session from my Lufield grandstand seat. At the end I gave up and stayed in the Club and Club grandstand for the whole day. Lot to enjoy and much less to walk around.

Besides watching the practice and quali I spent my day eating really nice food, refreshing myself with coffee, mineral water and Mumm bubbles. Later on I had my picture taken and pasted on the photo standing next to Jenson. The result was not too good. I think my head (looking slightly oversized) ended up on Rubens Barrichello’s body as I seem to be holding his helmet. I also spoke with Steve on Phoenix FM. I hope it worked out well because I had difficulty hearing following the noisy F1 qualifying session.

I finished my day on the track by getting caricatured. The drawing later turned into a button or fridge magnet or both.

I will be back at the track tomorrow, at the Lufield grandstand. I hope the weather will be a bit warmer than today because so far this has officially been the coldest F1 GP I ever visited :-) .

Saturday crowd - Silverstone

Saturday crowd - Silverstone

1. DankNo Gravatar says:

Coldest Grand Prix you’ve been to? Welcome to a typical British Summer! :-D
    .-= Dank´s last blog ..British GP – Qualifying =-.

it is not that bad, but somehow, no matter where I went for F1 race before (Europe, Asia, Canada) the race weekend always turned out to be 30+ degrees. Not this time :-)

2. K.RNo Gravatar says:

oh dude you are so Lucky :) have fun.

How much does it cost to be there ? and where are you from F1wolf ? i remember you was in singapore last year :P

3. osamaNo Gravatar says:

hey if u r planing to stay a bit longer here, let me know, i live in london, maybe we can meet up somewhere around here!!

unfortunatley, i m not attending the british grand prix because of all the assignments i got for my course!

I am flying back to Hong Kong on Monday evening, I am afraid that all I will manage is to wake up late on Monday and make my way to Heathrow :-)

Cool! You’re enjoying of the bohemian life ;)

5. [...] was lucky enough to spend Friday and Saturday of the British GP in the Paddock Club and enjoy all the perks that come with the pass. Here are [...]