2009 Chinese GP – Race result – Vettel wins, 1-2 for Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber celebrate Red Bull's 1-2 finish in Shanghai

Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber celebrate Red Bull's 1-2 finish in Shanghai

Sebastian Vettel won the wet wet wet 2009 Chinese Grand Prix ahead of his team mate Mark Webber. This is the first ever F1 race win for Red Bull Racing. Jenson Button finished 3rd and Rubens Barrichello 4th. Sebastien Buemi contributed to the good Red Bull day with 8th place for Toro Rosso. Force India was on course for serious points untile Adrian Sutil crashed out from 6th place with 5 laps to go. And so Force India and Ferrari still remain without points after 3 races.

2009 Chinese Grand Prix Result:

Did not finish

17. A. Sutil – Force India + 6 laps
18. K. Nakajima – Williams + 13 laps
19. F. Massa – Ferrari + 35 laps
20. J. Trulli – Toyota + 37 laps

1. JRNo Gravatar says:

Wow! completely random. I read the weather reports. Rain was not forecast.

Massa was in third when he had a freak computer failure. Rosberg drove the worst race ever. Hamilton spun 17 times and still managed points.

The best mashup between Kubica and Trulli was hardly covered.

BMW sucks.

Flavio Briatore is a raving lunatic.

Great Race. Great season. Awesome sport. F1Wolf is God.

hey, I did forecast the rain :-) but that was on twitter, not here :-)

• JRNo Gravatar says:

That’s because you are God :)

But Al Gore invented Twitter.

I am not god :-) , but it often happens that our weather here gets to Shanghai a day later, especially during this season. and it was dark and wet wet over here yesterday

• JRNo Gravatar says:

I thought you were in England. Now I understand the 12-hour time difference on the timestamps.

Where are you?

I thought everybody that commented on F1 was from England or Europe.

Sincerely,
            America’s Only F1 Fan

well I am from Europe, but Hong Kong has been my home for quite a while :-)

2. seskuNo Gravatar says:

bad luck to sutil….same as monace last year..but force india suck anyway..look how he struggle in wet…sorry for him…button and ruben in wrong strategy..both of them have a shot winning this gp.

seskus last blog post..unspoken communication

judging from Button’s press conference talk the problem for Brawn was not the strategy but the tyres. They did not seem to work well for them today. But may have to wait for the report from the team to see what really was their problem today. But I am sure over at Ferrari they would love to have the Brawn GP kind of problems today :-)

yes it is bad luck to Sutil. but to be fair to him, he had to push hard even at that 6th place as there were fast cars behind him, he could not really take it easy and go safely for the points. and racing on limit at that kind of conditions is always risky …

Somebody forgot my prediction set on wet race… HAHAHA! But looking to the results and my prediction is almost a joke! I didn’t believe that things could get that wired, but today’s conditions provided plenty driving mistakes and car failures. A loto as I use to say :) I guess wolf is jumping the happiest about Red Bull’s maiden win. And all I think is they used an awsome strategy, also helped by the problems in Brawn GP to make the strategy match the safety cars, but it was even more difficult for RBR, so they deserve a mention to their good luck and best strategical plan. Other teams aren’t even worth to mention, despite Ferrari, Renault and even Force India managed to shine it was not for long and not considerably good, mostly I believed Massa and Alonso had some possibilities. The race was great and enjoyable, it was a pity that I couldn’t concentrate in the action due troubles of TV signal, will look it for sure as life stream to not feel too much hungry before Bahrain’s GP!

• JRNo Gravatar says:

Kotenok -

Do you go to the race in Spain? Valencia. right?

TV problems? Dude, you should have said something. Check the http://www.justin.tv links F1W and I throw during practice and qualy. These guys have live feeds with no ads.

No, I’m pretty close to Spanish GP’s track, the International Circuit of Catalonia. Within 15 min I’m already there, but prices are too high for me, so I began my formation as race marshal. A little bit more than a year go I passed the exam of races safety knowledge and attitude tests. Now I’m looking forward to specialization, however, since I had a very serious accident just a year ago, my right leg isn’t as fine as could be and therefore I decided to not participate early in marshalling because it is really difficult to me already to stand and walk. Hopefully I get a chance someday, but I’m not ready yet :(

Kotenoks last blog post..Arun is now a member of F1Wolf Club

4. RichNo Gravatar says:

JR, your not the only American F1 fan, there is 2 of us!

5. JRNo Gravatar says:

Alright, Brother. So are you ready to sign up for my “Drive on Washington” march? I’m trying to get F1 to replace baseball or NASCAR as the national sport (I’m never sure which one is our national sport, sometimes I think it might be driving to the mall).

6. Personally I thought the race would have been better with out the rain, shame it had to rain :( but… I must say I was happy to see Sebastian win.