2009 Australian GP – My Sunday Photos

Here is selection of my photos from Sunday in Melbourne. There aren’t too many for 3 reasons – 1) I was watching the race, 2) The light was really bad for getting the pictures right, 3) My lense died half way through the race and I had to switch to manual mode (not easy in those conditions). But there still are few interesting shots that I am quite happy with:

2009 Australian GP – My photos from Saturday track action
2009 Australian GP – Photos from pitlane

1. nieuweNo Gravatar says:

I missed the race but heard Vettel and Kubica had a nasty collision. Anyone fault or just one of those things??

Both did pressure each other, but it was more Vettel’s fault than Kubica’s. Anyway, the proceeding fines were for Red Bull and Vettel, which stand on track with serious damage on the car provoking dangerous conditions, but the stewards didn’t show him the black and orange, the black to disqualify him or simply stop the race already with a red flag. The Red Bull was under pressure 3 laps to go by the BMW, and crashed just after the turn 3, which looks like more a funnel than a bend. Breaking wings on this crash they couldn’t manage to steer and were victims of the walls after turn 5. I’m sure the online contents of your broadcasting tv will show some feed, if not I’m not sure if Sexta’s content is geoblocked, try if and see yourself who may be guilty from that dirty touch (http://www.lasextadeportes.com/formula1/videos/listado/todos/292).

3. kaushalNo Gravatar says:

@@nieuwe it was Kubica fault…

kaushals last blog post..BRA(wn)VO !!

Kubica blames Vettel for being too optimistic. That may the case but Kubica perhaps also could have waited, he was so much faster at that time (3 secs a lap ) that as even Kubica said himself be would have overtaken Vettel anyway in next 2-3 corners. But .. Isn’t this what we want to see ? Drivers fighting till the very end of the race ?

5. nieuweNo Gravatar says:

thanks guys, yeah saw replay online. Definately could have waited and gone past next few corners. He was fast wasn’t he old kubica, maybe next time

6. ShawnNo Gravatar says:

…actually, Vettel made an error before the corner which cost him a lot of momentum. Kubica was really flying past – that was not a “pass” in the traditional sense. If you carefully review the tape, it’s evident Kubica would’ve had to brake to avoid the pass – he was moving so much faster through that corner.

100% Vettel’s fault, he clearly was aware of his pre corner error, and knew Kubica was flying past (inevitably). That’s why the stewards rightfully awarded him a 10 place grid penalty for Malaysia. They also fined $50,000 because he didn’t pull off the track while driving with three wheels (after having been told by race control to do so). He’s a real talent and very quick driver, but it’s a shame he foiled what belonged to BMW – 2nd place if not the race win.

7. SarahNo Gravatar says:

What did you think of First Lap mashup? Do you think in hindsight that both Heikki and Barrichello should have been penalized? If Vettel is penalized then what about Rubens?

I need to watch it on TV, it happened so fast in front of my eyes, all I could see is what you see on the photos from the start above :-)

In that case Barrichello begun the “spare”, but matters of fighting for the place would be the right explanation. Anyway, he did a tremendous mistake on the launch, and went desperate to the first turn, no surprises he crashed not only 4 cars, but also Kimi (and twice!).

That demonstrates the Brawn is really strong, yes, it is really hard to break it!! :P Are we sure they didn’t use some kind of reinforcement structure on the car?

Kotenoks last blog post..Martin Nieuwenhuize replied to the discussion ‘WHY ALWAYS TILLKE?’

8. nice photos
    looks like you had a nice position at the track.

I haven’t spent a single second in my seat, I have no idea where it was :-) I spent all the time at the platform at the top of the grandstand to get clearer view (no fence) . but yes, the location was great

Brawn GP is getting a strong team now, but still has to face many problems this season… Getting rid of the 40% of their workers, it’s the basic move to fulfill the budget cap reductions of this season, the team may have done a good job till today, but now will lose a lot of potential, evolution of the car may be done by the essential part of the team now, but will it be enough to maintain the “momentum”?
    However, seeking sponsors is their primal work now, Virgin’s sponsorship has come just for 2 races, and the first is already raced… Branson already advanced he may want to do things in the F1, keep the sponsorship longer? Buy the team finally? Or… Build his own? Well, to me someone like he may be smart, owning it’s own empire is not a matter of luck, but he is not showing himself really clever… So I don’t know what to expect from such a guy, I’m not against that rich men has their own hobbies, isn’t it so? :P

Kotenoks last blog post..Kotenok updated their profile