The start of the 2009 Formula One season is getting closer and closer and so it is time to kick off our little prediction game too.
The rules are very similar to last year but there will be two small but significant changes compared to 2008 game.
First – The 2009 season has 17 races but only the best 16 scores will count for the final result. That means that those who accidentally miss one round will still remain in the game, those who do not miss any round will simply have their worst score erased.
Second – The end season bonus for guessing the champion correctly will be 15 instead of 25 points.
Here is the recap of the rules:
1) First of all, the game starts right away, from now until March 26, 2009 you can predict the 2009 Formula 1 World Champion. Do not worry, even if you make your prediction and later want to change your mind, your last entry before the deadline March 26, 23:59 GMT will be the one that counts. The correct guess will be worth extra 15 points at the end of the season. Leave your prediction for 2009 F1 Drivers Champion in comments below this post.
2) Before each race send in your prediction of top 8 in the order from 1st to 8th place + the fastest lap driver + the pole position driver. You have to make your predictions before the start of the Qualifying on Saturday, that means before the starting grid is known !
There is no registration required. You simply place your predictions in the comments and you are in. But to make sure you do not miss any round of the game I recommend those who haven’t done so yet to subscribe to F1Wolf.com by email. You can do it here:
Every round there will be a special prediction game post published on Thursday before the race weekend. All you need to do is to make your prediction in the comments below that post . You can also send it in by email to f1wolf at f1wolf dot com. However please note those placing the predictions in the Comments will automatically get 2 points bonus !
If you can’t access computer for whatever reason you may ask fellow competitor to enter the prediction on your behalf however in that case you will not get the 2 points bonus for that particular round.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 1 point for each correct name among top 8
- 1 point for each correct name among top 3
- extra point for each correct finishing position
- extra point for correct winner
- 2 points for correct driver with fastest lap
- 2 points for correct pole position prediction (the actual driver on pole at the start of the race)
- 1 point for each correct team among point finishers.
There will be 2 competitions:
a) The season long for the Grand Prize – 3 bottles of MUMM champagne. This prize will go to the overall winner with biggest point tally after 18 races. Only those older than the legal limit in their country will get the champagne. If you happen to win but you are too young there will be some alternative prize.
b) The season is divided to 2 almost halves, winner of each of them will get a small prize (to be announced). First almost half ends after German GP, second begins with Hungarian GP.
If anybody has any question simply drop me an email or ask your questions in the comments.
So, the 2009 game begins now, make your 2009 F1 champion prediction here, in the comments below this post !