2009 F1 Drivers Helmets

With the teams revealing their 2009 Formula One cars we also have chance to see some of the 2009 F1 drivers helmets. Here they come, including the new yellow helmet of Jenson Button . I will be adding more (or better) pictures as they become available.

Hamilton, Kovalainen, Glock, Trulli and Piquet keep their helmets more less same as in 2008. Alonso added some red colour to his lid (to match the new colours of the Renault car probably).

Robert Kubica keeps his 2008 colours while Nick Heidfeld has changed his dominant helmet colour from 2008 blue to 2009 green after getting inspired by similar snowboard helmet.

1. AndyNo Gravatar says:

What is the significance of the two aces on the back of Alonso’s helmet?

or is it just something mundane like the 2 world championships he’s won?

2. [fliP]No Gravatar says:

so what are we going to read soon?
    “Alonso prepares his helmet for the change to ferrari”
    or
    “Is the partly red helmet a part of the pre-contract with ferrari?”
    rumors, rumors xD

Alonso after 2009 Renault car launch:

“”I have been answering this question for four or five years. Hopefully this year I can be more relaxed about this question if we are winning races and fighting for the championship we’ll forget Ferrari. That’s my aim, because I’m really concentrated in 2009 and more motivated and more prepared than ever. With all these changes I’m really looking forward to sitting in the car. And when we talk about 2010, or 11 or 12 is really a difficult question to answer. I’m not looking that far away.”

3. meNo Gravatar says:

loving glock’s lid. is there a colour that *isn’t* featured? he’s pretty much got the whole rainbow covered there.

4. Dump trucksNo Gravatar says:

I like the Jarno Trulli helmet, in fact both the helmets of the Toyota drivers look great and the color scheme used is absolutely deadly.

5. blokeNo Gravatar says:

Trulli keeps similar to 2008 , not as glamorous as the shiny silver of 2007 but still an elegant one

6. TimmieNo Gravatar says:

Loving the colour of the BMW Drivers.
    Much better for Heidfeld, not so plain as his last helmet and being a fan of green it looks awesome and will stand out.
    Kubica has always had an awesome coloured helmet and can’t miss him when he comes flying past!
    Definitely two of the better coloured helmets on the grid so far.
    Simple paint scheme, but standing out from the others well without being over the top,
    Again, love it!

7. Luke RussellNo Gravatar says:

Raikkonen’s got a new helmet for 2009. It’s not as nice as his 2008 design, but it’s still one of the nices helmets in F1. He has been using it in Bahrain testing. I found an image of him wearing it, just about to get into his car on the website :

Raikkonen 2009

8. AlbertNo Gravatar says:

Kimi’s helmet is undoubtably the nicest helmet in F1. the pandana print patern thrown in the mix is just awesome!!

Does the “Q” on the Nick Heidfield’s helmet mean “Quick”?¿? Humm… He’s not really that fast :P

Kotenoks last blog post..Devonte Hoeker joined F1Wolf Club

10. RaiderInBlue47No Gravatar says:

Heidfeld’s helmet is awesome. Makes me wish I could buy a helmet painted up like that for my motorcycle.

11. [...] To help you to identify the drivers on track here is the link to 2009 F1 Drivers Helmets post (updated) [...]

12. nieuweNo Gravatar says:

Lol is it me or has Nico got a small head. The helmet looks half the size of the rest…

13. DeepThroatNo Gravatar says:

There seems to be a Star of David on the very top of Barichello’s helmut, (clearly visible as he entered the pits for the second time in Catalunya) does anyone know the significance, thanks.

• Axel WolfNo Gravatar says:

Here’s his own answer on this question from one interview:
      Q: Everybody is wondering about the symbol on the top of your helmet which looks like the Star of David. You have a big community of fans in Israel, so can you solve this question for us about this symbol on the top of your helmet?

Rubens: The star first started with someone telling me that I should have something on the top. That happened in 1995, someone came to me and said ‘someone in the sky is looking at you’ and for me, I felt something good about it, and I put a star there, which you could call anything, but it’s just a star. It was a five pointed star. After that, I made some changes because my energy comes from a six pointed star, not a five pointed star, and people aren’t just associating that to the Jewish community. It is the Star of David but if you study everything worldwide it doesn’t link straight to the Jewish community. I’m Catholic but it doesn’t mean anything, it’s just the fact that I’m a spiritualist and I believe in any points of goodwill. I basically had one thing for the start of my career in ’93, ’94, ’95 and now it’s just the energy from the six pointed star.