One hundred days to go before the red lights go off in Melbourne, the countdown to new Formula One season is back.
Here is where Formula 1 stands 100 days before the 2009 kick off:
– Only 16 drivers have been confirmed so far for 2009 season. Most of them keep their old seats, only Sebastian Vettel moved up from Toro Rosso to take the ex-DCs seat in Red Bull. Sebastian Buemi seems to be set for Toro Rosso seat, Jenson Button is danger of having no car to drive in 2009.
– Following Honda’s pull out F1 grid is at the moment reduced to 9 teams and 18 cars. There are stories circulating about potential buyers that include David Richards (Prodrive), Nicholas Todt (ART), Carlin Motorsports, Martin Leach and even “a group of people previously connected with Toro Rosso”.
– The major cost saving measures have been agreed on by the teams and approved by FIA.
– The winter testing season has started. Most of the cars still run their modified 2008 cars but some teams already ventured out with 2009 style front or rear wing or both giving us the opportunity to appreaciate the beauty of Formula 1 cars in 2009 and beyond . Well, and the grooves are gone.
– The rubber gloves have become the latest fashion accessory for Formula 1 pit crew.
The 2009 Formula 1 Season Countdown will be back in 10 days.