And the time has come for the final post of the Season Countdown series. When I began at the 100 days mark back in December, we still did not know where Alonso will end up racing. Now we are only 10 days from the start of the Australian GP.
There is only one unknown left when it comes to teams and drivers – the Super Aguri. Things seem to happening behind the scenes but nothing is official yet. The teams self imposed deadline for some sort of solution has passed. March 5th was the latest day for them to start shipping stuff to Australia. Anyway, we will know who or if anybody all races for Super Aguri latest by next weekend :-).
So what are the general views on the season with 10 days to go ?
- Kimi Raikkonen is the guy most fans expect to win the title, Hamilton usually comes second, unless you ask Felipe Massa
- Ferrari are expected to be the best team
- Raikkonen himself expects McLaren and especially Hamilton to be very dangerous and does not see himself as a clear favourite
- Alonso tips Hamilton for glory
- BMW Sauber, Williams, Renault and Red Bull look to be set to form very strong midfield with any of these team potentialy able to attack podium. F1Wolf readers are split between BMW Sauber and Williams when voting for the 3rd best team
- It does not look like this is going to be season to remember for the Japanese teams, although in Toyota they are quite optimistic
- Watch out for Toro Rosso and Force India !
And rememember, you have only till March 13 to enter or change your previous entry for the 2008 World Champion ! The correct guess of the champ means 25 bonus points in the F1Wolf’s 2008 Formula 1 Prediction Game ! Join the prediction game now, the round one – Australian Grand Prix – is just around the corner ! I will be back with updates on prizes over the weekend.
The 2008 Season Countdown will not return