I will summarize the Barcelona test when it is over after the weekend. Here comes only brief summary of what was new on Friday.
All teams showed up, except Ferrari and Toyota (heading to Bahrain instead) and Super Aguri (who knows where they are going).
- Red Bull came up with a radical engine cover. The purpose of this ugly fin is to provide more balance to compensate for TC and engine breaking ban. How this will affect the car if the wind blows from the wrong side, that we will see. It is hard to blame Adrian Newey now that the new Red Bull is not radical enough
Here is the finned Bull:
And this is the usual Red Bull look for comparison:
- Lewis Hamilton was the fastets guy on track.
- Fisichella was flying in his Force India car. Fourth fastest and less than a second slower than Hamilton.
- Nakajima hit the barriers hard. Williams cut their first test day short to work on the problem with the wrong wing mounting that apparently cause the crash.
- Hondas are still at the bottom but not sounding too worried, yet…