It may seem early to some, but for some others, like Mr. Klokan, it is too late and he has been chasing for news already :-). At the end it is only 3 months to go to the season opener and we already know where 2007 top three drivers will race.
The inaugural 2007 Prediction Game was great fun and I want to thank again to all who took part. It was pleasure competing with all of you. Fatfish beat us all and ran away with the bottle of MUMM. It is time for revenge… The 2008 Prediction Game will be almost same but also very different
While following similar philosophy as the 2007 Prediction Game, the 2008 Prediction Game features several changes that I hope will make the guesses wilder and results less predictable:
1) First of all, the game starts right away, from now until March 13, 2008 you can predict the 2008 Formula 1 World Champion. Do not worry, even if you make your prediction and later want to change your mind, your last entry before the deadline March 13, 23:59 GMT will be the one that counts. The correct guess will be worth extra 25 points at the end of the season. The 2007 winner collected 287 points, so 25 points bonus is quite significant. Make your 2008 F1 Driver Champion Prediction here, in the comments below this post anytime between now and March 13, 2008 !
2) The second change is that you have to make your prediction before the start of the Qualifying on Saturday, that means before the starting grid is known ! Why ? Firstly to make the guesses less predictable. The other reason is that in the new season there will be points also for correct prediction of the driver on Pole Position… It would be too easy to predict the guy on P1 after qualifying
There will be Grand Prize for the overall winner as well as prizes for winner of each third of the season.
The prizes will be announced later. The minimum is the MUMM Champagne as last year but hopefully with a help of sponsors there will be more prizes this year.
And while I can’t confirm what prizes there will be this early I can already show that F1 Wolf means business and also appreciates its readers. There is a prize to win before the competition even starts:
If you like what you see and want to get a chance to win one 8GB iPod Nano for yourself this is what you need to do – Promote This Fun Prediction Game !
1) Sign Up for the daily delivery of F1Wolf by email. If you have done so already, you do not have to do that again. If you have done so and you are not getting your emails you probably forgot to activate the service, so you may have to try again. Once you sign up, you will receive email from Feedburner with a confirmation link that you need to click on, enter the confirmation code and confirm.
2) Once you have signed up yourself start promoting among your friends who are speed and racing fans too and get them to sign up as well. Let me know via the contact form whom you signed and I will verify if that person has really subscribed. You do not have to tell me their email address, just the nickname they will use when entering their predictions on the 2008 champion – see 3). How you promote depends on you. Word of mouth or on your sites depends on you.
3) Leave your prediction on the 2008 F1 Champion in the comments below this post. That will enter you into the 2008 Prediction Game. (you can still change your mind on the champion later as described earlier in this post).
4) For every 5 people you refer and they do sign up for the email and do leave their prediction here before midnight
December 30, 2007 March 12, 2008 (GMT) you get 1 entry for the lucky draw. If you have already been referred by others you can still refer people yourself and get into the lucky draw.
5) I will do the lucky draw on
December 31 March 13, 2008, record it on video and post it with the result on this blog on the same day. If you want to see how the lucky draw looked during the Shanghai GP in October, check it out here. That time the prize went to Etienne Teo.
6) If no one wins this time, the prize will roll over towards the Prediction Game.