Formula 1 – Interesting Quote From Fernando Alonso On His Future

This is what Fernando Alonso had to say to Diario As:

“I am certain that I am going to be competing in formula one also next year. Right now I am not even contemplating sitting out a season.”

But on his future in McLaren:

“At the moment all I am thinking about is winning this world championship, I do not know where I will race in 2008; all I know is that I can race here at McLaren.”

It may be just a coincidence that at the same time Briatore tells to other Spanish paper, Marca, that

“Of course I would love to have him in the team, I think everyone would want Fernando because he is exceptional.”

1. Anonymous says:

The translation for the last sentence in As is:”Right now, I have a contract with Mc Laren and I will keep it” . It gives a completely different idea that the one you are trying to show everybody. Alonso is a “caballero” not a “niñato” as Hamilton

2. F1 Wolf says:

Well, the translation of Alonso’s words is not mine, but it is one that circulates in English speaking media

3. Anonymous says:

So, English media is against Alonso, aren´t they?

4. F1 Wolf says:

I was talking about English speaking media, not English :-) But even when talking about English media, I would not say they are against Alonso. But as he has an English team mate, then he the obvious target for some rumour triggers … But the English media can also be fierce on Hamilton, just look how they reported on his personal life issues.
    But back to the above translation – I always try to include the link to the original article, even if the originla is not English. But it is not always easy for me to navigate the sites in languages I do not speak. So not much luck to find the above articel in Diario As. So if you have the link let me know, I would love to see the exact words.

5. Anonymous says:

Hi again:

Here you have the link, if you keep the first sentence it is close to what English speaking media says “No sé donde voy a correr el año que viene. Es imposible saberlo. Lo único que sé es que tengo contrato con McLaren y que aquí sí que puedo correr”

But close to the end you have this “Tengo contrato con McLaren y aquí voy a correr, si no pasa nada raro. Es lo mismo que la guerra entre nosotros dos. Está bien escribir todo acerca de a ver adonde puedo ir, hacer encuestas y todo esto. Pero a día de hoy tengo contrato aquí y voy a correr aquí. Y no hay mucha especulación en eso”

Now you can decide …

6. F1 Wolf says:

Thanks you, I made new post with the link you gave me.